Father’s Day (September 2nd) is nearly upon us. With it comes the question of what to get the man who raised you?
It is not always easy to figure out what to get a dad on father’s day. Dad’s often have everything already or aren’t great at expressing what they want.
So why not get your dad a gift that is perfect for everyone, the gift of improved dental health?
At Main Beach Dental, we’ve put together a list of gifts that keep on giving; gifts that help your dad stay healthy and keep his smile bright and shining.
Great Dental Gifts For Your Dad
Electric toothbrush – Who wouldn’t want to have their toothbrush upgraded to a cool new electric model? It’s a perfect teeth-cleaning device and cool technology at that. Electric toothbrushes offer improved plaque removal compared to regular manual toothbrushes. Many people find electric toothbrushes easier than manual ones. Electric toothbrushes also come with cool features, like built-in timers to ensure that your dad brushes for long enough.
Travelling dental kit – This is great for a father who likes to go camping, fishing, or hunting. You can buy this ready-made, or create your own. A good travelling dental kit should contain:
- Toothpaste: Place toothpaste tubes in a sealed container or plastic bag.
- Toothbrushes. Include extra toothbrushes just in case you need them.
- Floss and mouthwash. Your dad should floss twice a day and use mouthwash as directed.
- Individual items. Include any specific things your father might need or want, like denture-cleaning fluid, floss-threaders, or a mouthguard.
- Main Beach Dental’s phone number: Have our phone number readily accessible for unexpected situations. We have a same day dental emergency appointment available.
If a kit is too bulky, at least buy a folding toothbrush. These travel toothbrushes can be folded down to half their original size and can be tossed into a glove compartment, coat pocket, or desk drawer.
Noise Canceling Headphones – These don’t sound like a dental gift, but they can be. Give your dad the gift of a little peace and quiet with noise cancelling headphones. These headphones are great to drown out the annoying noises of everyday life, but they are also great for the dentist’s chair. Your dad can ignore the sound of the drill while listening to his favourite music. This is a great gift for dads who may have dental anxiety, as it lets them relax and chill out.
Dad’s love handmade gifts the demonstrate thought. Here are three options for DIY gifts:
A floss-basket – Floss comes in a wide variety of flavours including absinthe; coffee and waffle flavour with bacon; cupcake; bubble gum; grape; dill pickle; cucumber; ranch dressing, and; even more! Toss a handful together and give your father the gift of tasty oral health!
A dental kit for the road – Some essentials to include are a manual toothbrush, travel-sized toothpaste mouthwash, and dental floss.
DIY Mouthwash Holder – Get creative with a DIY mouthwash dispenser. Mouthwash holders can be made from mason jars, or fill his favourite drink bottle with his mouthwash of choice. Or, give him a mouthwash flask for the road. A quick search of the internet will uncover dozens of clever ways to make a DIY liquid holder!
The Gift Of A Youthful Appearance
Main Beach dental offers several treatments that can help your dad look younger and more vigorous.
- Thread lifts use of resorbable synthetic sutures made from the same materials as those used during surgery for wound closure to tighten the skin and reduce mild to moderate skin laxity.
The thread can be used to stretch, reposition, and recondition areas of the skin that are sagging by assisting and guiding local collagen and elastin production.
FREE consultation available!
Thread lifts at Main Beach Dental
- Teeth Whitening. Treat your dad for a teeth whitening treatment in our office. Our teeth whitening treatment will give your dad’s teeth the boost they need.
Smile more confidently with teeth whitening treatment in our office. It’s 100% percent safe!
Teeth whitening at Main Beach Dental
- Dento-facial aesthetics is a set of dental treatments that create a more pleasant and youthful look. These treatments include:
Ceramic ReconstructionFREE analysis of your Smile and Face
Dento-facial aesthetics at Main Beach Dental
Dental Care at Main Beach Dental
At Main Beach Dental your dental health is our number one priority. We provide gentle, skilled care for all dental conditions and work with you to prevent disease, decay, and too many dental appointments in the future. Our commitment to our patients is dental health for a lifetime!
Call us on (07) 5503 1177 or visit us at 11/26-30 Tedder Ave., Main Beach.