As part of National Children’s Week (23-31 October), Main Beach Dental spreads the word that if parents teach children good dental habits, those children have a great chance of having those habits for life.
With that, dental disease will be avoided, and even having better overall health.
National Children’s Week was created to focus the attention of Australia on children and their needs.
In support of the National Children’s Week message of support for children, your Main Beach dentist emphasises how children can protect their teeth and health from an early age.
During National Children’s Week, it is important to think about how we train our children to ensure that they will lead healthy lives.
Teach Your Child Good Dental Habits
To avoid situations where your child needs expensive treatment for cavities and other dental problems, establish positive dental habits now.
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Main Beach dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Main Beach Dental Can Help
Let your child experience high-quality oral care through professional dental education and treatment at Main Beach Dental. Your Main Beach dentist is equipped with state-of-the-art dental tools and equipment intended for superior upholding of your whole family’s general oral wellbeing.
At Main Beach Dental, we bulk bill for Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS), a government-funded program intended to help children achieve optimum oral health by providing your child with up to $1,026 worth of basic dental services over two years.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Main Beach
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,026 worth of dental treatments over two years
To know more about our National Children’s Week 2021 celebration at Main Beach Dental, call us on (07) 5503 1177 or visit us at 11/26-30 Tedder Ave in Main Beach.