Dental Tips: How much sugar is hiding in your trolley?
Dental Health Week 2020 is from the 3rd to the 9th of August, and this year’s theme is “How Much Sugar Is Hiding In Your Trolley?”
The core goal of this event is to educate Australians about the importance of maintaining good oral health and promote the message that it’s possible to find the time to take care of your teeth and gums no matter how busy you are.
- Brushing at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing once daily
- Eating a healthy, teeth-friendly diet while limiting your sugar consumption
- Visiting your dentist for check-ups and preventive dental care
3 Main Sugar Messages
This information is supported by three main sugar messages:
- Avoid foods and beverages with added sugars.
- Choose foods with less than 10g of sugar per 100g.
- Look out for hidden sugars when buying foods and drinks.
Refusing to purchase an unhealthy item means you don’t have to continue saying ‘no’ at home.
We may think that everyone is practising a good oral routine, but the reality is, the oral health of many is not near where it should be.
- Less than 50% of adults have had a check-up in the past year.
- 53% of Australians brush their teeth only once a day.
- Almost 40% of Australians DO NOT floss.
- 73% of young people consume too much sugar.
- 47% of adults consume too much sugar.
There are several different ways to access sugar information as part of Dental Health Week 2020.
A visit to your trusted dentist in Main Beach is great for one-on-one advice where your questions can be answered.
Dental Care at Main Beach Dental
At Main Beach Dental, your dental health is our number one priority.
We are composed of highly trained registered dentists with impressive clinical skills who work together to provide you with comprehensive dental services.
We provide gentle, skilled care for all dental conditions and work with you to prevent disease, decay, and too many dental appointments in the future.
Our commitment to our patients is dental health for a lifetime!
Same-Day Emergency Dental Appointment Available in Main Beach
Call us on (07) 5503 1177 or visit us at 11/26-30 Tedder Ave., Main Beach.